InHouse Winter 2020 -2021
The Greatest Lesson Ever Learned
If it’s OK with you, I want to share something that has had a profound impact on my life. I won't be able to cover all of the ways I’ve been impacted by this lesson in this newsletter, but this one thing undoubtedly has resulted in my personal growth, success in business, and loving relationships more than anything else. I only wish I had learned this much earlier in my life.
In a word the lesson is GRATITUDE. In a few words the lesson is:
‘Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.’
I’m not here to judge anyone today, but I am here to share. I made a vow awhile back to share things that positively impact me with those I care about and just about anyone else willing to listen.
In the hustle of to-do lists and work deadlines, sometimes it’s (too) easy to block out the details of the day, forgetting that each and every day holds precious gifts. From the air we breathe to the friendships we hold close, there is always something to be thankful for.
Recently I had the privilege of hearing Dr. Ike Reighard speaks on this subject of gratitude to a group of top real estate professionals. You want to watch that presentation at www.vimeo.com/381811981. I would encourage you to go and watch it and feel free to share it with those you care about.
With the changing of the seasons upon us, I think it’s a great time to pause and reflect on all we have to be thankful for. But how can we best inspire a life of gratitude?
What helps me do this is to start my day in a private, quiet place reading from those who share this belief on the importance of gratitude. From some of my recent reading, I’ve put together 12 quotes about Gratitude. Here they are:
1. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” —Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” —Zig Ziglar
3. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” —Jim Rohn
4. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
5. “ ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” —Alice Walker
6. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” —Henri Frederic Amiel
7. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
9. "The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." —Charles Schwab
10. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” —Albert Einstein
11. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” —Charles Dickens
12. “None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” —Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
Feel free to share these quotes and video on gratitude with anyone you want. The world could use more people who live life thinking and acting this way. I like to call it Living an Inspired Life of Gratitude.
With that, I want to thank you for being connected to our real estate business. My team and I love helping people locate and relocate the place they call home. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve!
Go Serve Big!!!
Leticia Almaro Nicolini
& The Almaro Team
Your Home Sold Guaranteed!